What We Do
PLIA partners with the Bureau of Land Management and the US Forest Service to develop and sell educational publications, products and maps at 10 visitor center and office stores, to operate campgrounds in the Kaibab National Forest and provide visitor information at the Public Lands Information Center in Santa Fe, NM.
PLIA operates sales outlets at visitor centers and district offices on public lands in Arizona and New Mexico. We provide high quality customer service, interpretive programs and visitor safety information for visitors to exceptional experiences on public lands. We encourage all visitors to care about the lands and to become stewards of these special places.
Our Retail Locations
- Clifton Ranger District Office, Duncan, AZ
- Fort Craig Historic Site, San Antonio, NM
- New Mexico Public Lands Information Center, Santa Fe, NM
- Palisades Visitor Center, Mt. Lemmon, AZ
- Rio Grande del Norte Lower Gorge Visitor Center, Pilar, NM
- Sabino Canyon Recreation Area, Tucson, AZ
- Sacramento Ranger District Office, Cloudcroft, NM
- Sierra Vista Ranger District Office, Hereford, AZ
- Smokey Bear Ranger District Office, Ruidoso, NM
- Valley of Fires Recreation Area, Carizozo, NM
- Wide Open Spaces, Albuquerque, NM
- Wild Rivers Visitor Center, Cerro, NM
Formerly Southwest Natural and Cultural Heritage Association (SNCHA), PLIA has been a trusted source for publishing recreation maps and guides, visitor maps and guides, river maps and guides, trail maps and guides, identification and field guides, historical publications, brochures, flyers, posters, and educational materials that promote multi-use of our public lands.
A few of our currently available publications.
Education and Outreach
PLIA leads interpretive programs that inform public lands visitors and we support partners that are committed to education through leading school field trips, developing teacher lesson plans and other education and training resources.